What is certOS?
It's a Platform that's been designed to make the Certification Process as easy as possible for IASME Certification Bodies to issue their own official Certificates.
- View all questions and answers on one page along with the Marking Scheme & Guidance Notes
- Automated Pre-Submission check to ensure current responses would pass Certification
- Send specific questions back to the Client
- Automatic Client Email reminders every 24 Hours
- Preview the Report and Certification prior to submission
- Issue both the Report and Certification
- Automatic status update for Certifications for both the Assessor and Client
Why use certOS?
It reduces the Certification process from weeks to days. For simple cases it's possible to complete a review and issue a Certificate within a day.
- Pre-Submission check highlights failures - avoiding Failed Certification and Re-Submission costs
- All Assessor and Client interaction is automated and managed by the Platform. No additional documents, tools or process is needed
- It's Free. We're working in Partnership with IASME to dramatically increase Certification capacity in the UK and accelerate the rate at which UK companies get protected which is why we're making our internal Tools available for free
*currently less than 5% are protected
How do I get setup?
The main activity is to link your CyberSmart and Pervade accounts using
- Your Pervade API Key and Organisation ID (what looks like two long lines of random numbers and letters).
- Log into your Pervade portal
2. On the main screen under your User Profile find “Get API Token”.
Select this and take note of the 64 character token that pops up.
3. Select company name from home screen under user groups
4. From this screen , select the “Get Org ID” button and take a note of the 64 character token that pops up.
5. The page will reload and show "Connected" next to the save button. You have connected the two accounts together and can fully utilise certOS.
How do I use the certOS Dashboard?
Here are the steps from start to finish with explanations on how to use them.
- You will now notice this new button on your partner dashboard. It will show the number of awaiting certificates within the button. Click on it to enter your certOS Dashboard.
2. Here you will see all certificates across three different columns. At the top of each column is a total and breakdown throughout your entire CyberSmart platform.
- Ready for assessment - Certificates which are ready and require your assessment, listed with the oldest at the top. Just click on the certificate you want to assess and it will take you to the next page.
- Waiting for response - Certificates which you have identified as requiring more information and pushed back to the client. The client is automatically receiving regular email nudges prompted them to re-answer and provide additional information. Once they do so, you will be notified and the certificate will go back into the first column ready for assessment.
- Certified - Showing all certified certificates through your lifetime on the platform.
3. To review the answers simply click on the category heading which expands to show the questions and answers. You can select individual questions to push back to the clients by entering information under the "Request clarification" column. By adding text it will allow you to push that questions back with your notes (by following the next steps).
4. Once you have added your comments for all the answers you want to push back to the client, scroll to the bottom and click the "Send" button. This will send those specific questions back to the customer with automatic email notifications.
5. You will be notified via email once the client has re-answers the selected questions. That certificate will re-appear into the Ready for assessment column and awaits for you assessment. Once inside the certificate, there will be a new red section which houses just the re-answers questions, separating them from the rest of the questionnaire which you've deemed acceptable.
- If you are happy with all the new answers you can click the "Accept answer". Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Verify". This will double-check the current questions markings against the certificates threshold and present you the automatic verification systems result.
- If you are unhappy with all the new answers and want to push them back again, select the "Request clarification" button and add more assessor note.
If those questions are not compliant and you want to send back to the client, repeat step 3 & 4 above.
6. Once all questions are compliant and you're happy to proceed. Click the "Preview Certificate" button at the bottom of the page. This will take up to 60 seconds to generate and download the preview. It will automatically download the preview.
(In the background it is creating the customers account, pre-answering and submitting their answers in your Pervade - automatically)
7. Once you are happy and ready to issue the certificate, scroll to the bottom of the page and click the "Issue Certificate" button. This will take up to 60 seconds and issue the official certificate.
(In the background this is issuing the certificate in your Pervade)
8. Once the certificate is issued, it will automatically upload the customer's certificate, report and allegeable badges to their CyberSmart account where both the customer and yourself and the CB can download these from.
The average time this entire process takes is under 5 minutes (excluding sending back questions to the customer). CyberSmart uses this exact process to issue all certificates. If you have any questions, worries or more importantly feedback, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for reading.